Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My first sweater......


I love it.....and her! It was easier than what I had anticipated. The pattern is from Suss Cousins' Hollywood Knits Style, Cozy Cardigan(that she gave me for christmas)....I used Cascade 220 (I gave my mom the ball band, so I don't remember the color) I think she really, really liked it. She wore it while I was there. A 100% wool sweater in the middle of July in Texas? Only a mother would do that. I want to make one for me too.

Not much knitting going on this week, as I've been really busy with school. I did start this scarf for my mom also.....it's silk yarn called Galaxy Twist from Tilli Tomas that I bought from Yarns 2 Ewe while I was back in Texas visiting. I really like it.......I may just keep it for myself......Just a little joke mom....only kidding! If you ever have a chance, you should go to Y2E.....they have a fabulous yarn selection, and the owner Wendy is really nice.

My Tuesday night knitting group is making a Linus Project Blanket. We are to knit three 9" squares each. I hope to start those this week. Also, I hope to get the yarn for my SYNO scarf soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiri said...

Wooo! Sexy sexy sweater ya got there, scarf buddy ;) It looks really cool!

And you should be getting the SYNO yarn Thurs. or Fri. (they said 2 days, but it never hurts to give the post office an extra day even if it is priority mail).

3:24 PM  
Blogger Kiri said...

Hey!

Just checking to see if you got my yarn. :) Let me know when ya can.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home